RBJL regularly advise the largest group of private hospitals in Hong Kong as well as one of the largest and listed groups of integrated health care service provider boasting more than 600 medical centres in Hong Kong on their day-to-day operation issues.
We also act for patients and families of patients suffering from clinical malpractice. We also provide legal advice on issues arising from the care of mental patients. We handle dental and medical negligence cases involving private practitioners and hospitals as well as government hospitals. We also advise on health insurance issues.
RBJL also act for a number of pharmaceutical companies and advise them on various intellectual property and product liability issues.
Our practice areas include:-
- Advertisement of pharmaceuticals
- Customs & Excise prosecutions
- Disciplinary issues
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Guardianship Board
- Health insurance
- Labeling of pharmaceuticals
- Litigation for dental/medical negligence
- Mental Health Ordinance
- Patent clearance issues, pharmaceutical free-to-operate opinions for submission to health regulatory authorities
- Patent non-infringement opinions on medical disposables and equipment
- Product liability
- Trade mark and trade description issues